Fixing wall after removing skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd better post in here as I'm unsure on my next steps with this and dont want to turn it into a DIY disaster.

Basically, we have had a new fire fitted and the skirting board is not longer nicely butted in. I decided to remove a section of it but this also brought some of the plaster away. Question is, how best to fix this ?

Is it a case of just using some deep gap filler in the space, butting a new section of skirting and then fixing on accordingly ?

Sponsored Links
use thistle bonding to level it out flush with the rest of the wall then add your skirting then use easy fill to snag the plaster at the top of the new piece of skirting, job done

syeves way is the correct way to do it. if doing yourself for diy purpose then id go with the filler you said.... less expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back