Fixings in Airated Concrete Blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We live in a newish property and the builders seem to have used the lightweight airated blocks for the inner skin of walls. This is fine until you want to fix anything securely to the wall.

I have tried several of the fixings on the market but none seem very substantial.

The reason I ask is that the builders fixed the bathroom sink to the wall using plugs and screws but over time the fixes have worked lose so the sink now wobbles and will at some point come away from the wall.

I want to fix is back but the plugs used by the builders were large and the holes are now even bigger due to the play in the fixings so what is the bast way forward. My last option is to remove sink cut a section of plaster board away fix a section of 1" ply to wall with fixings and adhesive and then skim over the top. Sink would then fix to play spreading load.

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored Links
I have fixed heavy stuff to aerated block using 6mm coachscrews and suitable rawlplugs. Still solid after 3 years.

fischer fixings..............purpose made for sani.ware and also all other fixings :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back