Flag Stones Cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After spending the last 6 months renovating my house and now with the weather picking up a little (fingers crossed) i want to start on the garden.

I have a "patio" like area with the old large off white colour flag stones. They were very dirty and i've attacked them with the power wash and cleaned them up alot. Although they could do with more cleaning.

Is there any other fairly cheap method i could use to clean them. I don't want to be putting down strong chemicals as i have a dog that is always in the garden.

Thanks for reading and look forward to your help!

Dizz :D

Sponsored Links
Step 1 Put the dog in the house or out of the way somewhere then use some quality patio cleaner and a stiff sweeping brush then hose down really well to remove all the chemicals.
Step 2 Take dog out for a walk for a while to allow patio to dry.
And there you go , every ones happy.
I always use chemical cleaners on my paving its the only way to get results easily I think ,and have never had any probs with my dog afterwards just make sure you give it a good wash down before letting the dog walk on it .

whats left on them after the power wash? before the chemicals try pouring a bag of sharp sand down and sweeping it over the patio with a stiff broom. it should clear most of the dirt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back