flags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
few houses in my area have the england flag flying, but me being an Italian fan are loathed to display my green/white/red flag in case i get a present come hurtling through the window generaly known as a brick :(

would you be brave enough to fly the flag of your country or are you all true brits :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I fly St. George's (because I am English) and St. Andrew's (born in Falkirk).

It confuses people.

sadly, although in England most people are fairly tolerant (I can't speak for football supporters) if an Englishman displays his flag in Scotland or Wales, he is liable to have it ripped down.

Is Italy playing England? If not, I don't suppose anyone will mind. If yes, you can fly it in Scotland or Wales and will be applauded, as there's a constant low-level of anti-Englishness.

i flew my irish flag in the euros or the last world cup when england were not in and my car was damaged more than once but maybe a coincident, lets see if the same coincident doesnt happen now ireland arent in it ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If someone would give me a Trinidad and Tobago flag I would happily attach it to my motorbike. I'm sick of red crosses.

Our little shop has now a few little Orange triangle banners and 1 (little) red-white-blue flag in the top windows :LOL: :LOL: Our car has the same.
(But most in our village know where we come from)

Where is that American chap. From what I have seen of America they don't need a special occasion to fly their flag. They fly it just because they are proud of their country. I think the children take the oath allegance on a daily basis at school. England just apologises for everything all the time. Lets ask the Americans if we can become the fifty first State of America. Their law and order system is far simpler than ours. Over there if you steal you go to prison. That's a novel idea, why don't we try that one?

BE HAPPY

I was in a diner in Annapolis, MD once and they all stopped at 9am for an 'everyone pledge allegiance to the flag' session. I didn't take part, and was questioned fairly hostilely as to why not.

Even when I explained, politely, that it was because I was not American (rather than, say, because its a stupid idea) and that I would stop eating whilst they did it, but would not take part, they still didn't get it and I had to put up with the whole diner glaring at me throughout my breakfast.

JohnD said:
sadly, although in England most people are fairly tolerant (I can't speak for football supporters) if an Englishman displays his flag in Scotland or Wales, he is liable to have it ripped down.

Is Italy playing England? If not, I don't suppose anyone will mind. If yes, you can fly it in Scotland or Wales and will be applauded, as there's a constant low-level of anti-Englishness.

You would probably get away flying any flag in Scotland as long as it's not English.

Scott

johnny_t said:
I was in a diner in Annapolis, MD once and they all stopped at 9am for an 'everyone pledge allegiance to the flag' session. I didn't take part, and was questioned fairly hostilely as to why not.

Even when I explained, politely, that it was because I was not American (rather than, say, because its a stupid idea) and that I would stop eating whilst they did it, but would not take part, they still didn't get it and I had to put up with the whole diner glaring at me throughout my breakfast.

Now that is scary.

Next time, take a little Union Jack on a stand and tell them that you will make the pladge to their flag if they all make it to yours! :D

smilie_e05.gif

scott1968 said:
JohnD said:

You would probably get away flying any flag in Scotland as long as it's not English.

Scott

just a bit curious is this a catholic and prodistant reason or an english- scottish thing ;)

jbonding said:
scott1968 said:
JohnD said:

Scott

just a bit curious is this a catholic and prodistant reason or an english-

scottish thing ;)

I am a Buddhist so where does that leave us.

BE HAPPY

Sponsored Links
Back