Flaking paint in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have flaking paint at the bottom of one bathroom wall next to the shower cubicle (rental home, I am the owner).
I have been told by the estate agent that this is the result of lack of mist coat under the paint, wall should be scraped, misted and repainted.
Bathroom has been totally revamped 2 years ago, painted with "Johnstones bathroom midsheen for interior walls and ceillings - moisture resisting" with a mist coat first, I know as I did it myself.
It looks to me that the flaking is more likely to be the result a leak along the shower panel, water falling on skirting board and touching the wall.

Can someone tells me, looking at the pictures, if I am correct please. I have attached 2 pictures, one from January and one from today.

Thank you.
Letty

Attachments

• Wall_January.jpg
    Wall_January.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Wall_April.jpg
    Wall_April.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Based on where the bubbling/flaking is - it's more likely to be a leak on the shower cubicle.

So yes, I think you are correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back