Flaking Paint on External Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Purchased my first house about nine months ago and the previous owners had had the outside (which is mostly rendered) repainted a couple of months before that.

Now there are several patches where the paint is cracking and you can literally peel off quite large flakes.

Given it was only repainted recently seems awfully quick for the paint to start coming off.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to repair and redecorate? I've never tried working with external textured render before!

Thanks for any advice

Sutty

Sponsored Links
best bet is to remove all flaking paint. either with a scraper or pressure washer. treat all walls with a fungicidal wash. seal with a proprietary exterior stabiliser/primer then re-paint.
The walls were either dirty or dusty when the paint was initially applied. Only a matter of time before it flaked off.Sounds like the seller did a quick spruce up before you bought it!

(I'm assuming the render is in sound condition)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back