Flame effect electric fire - recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for something to replace the coal fire roomheater I've just taken out and I think I'd like an electric replacement as this is less work, and you can have the flame effect without the heat. Plus I'm not on gas so installing that would be a pain and be LPG.

So I'd like an electric inset fire with a good flame effect. And quiet. I brought home one from B&Q today and that's going back. The flame effect was quite reasonable but the nosy of the fan to drive it was very noticeable. Unacceptably so :cry:.

I've looked at Dimplex but I don't like their mirror effect. This fire had translucent screen that in my opinion was less noticeable that seeing reflections, even if when off you could vaguely see the flames. Can you hear the flame fan on Dimplex or do they not use a fan?

So, any recommendations? Ones I should look at?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back