Flange - for horizontal hot water.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should i fit an Essex or a Surrey flange - or one of the more obscure alternatives - for a horizontal hot water cylinder?

There is a decent head from the cold water supply, but still poor flow at the taps. I am thinking this might be because of air being drawn in, but was thinking of fitting a pump at the same time as a flange....

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Not enough information given, but I seriously doubt that an Essex flange is the answer.

Raising the height of the tank feeding the cylinder is likely to help!

There isn't much option to raise the height - perhaps just another 50cm, and only then after considerable difficulty.

Can't i just add a pump? Plus a flange for the air......

Sponsored Links
If you are looking to use a pump then you need a flange with a dip tube on a horizontal cylinder, e.g a surrey or warix

You may want to look at the type of taps you have and the supply pipework too, they need to be low pressure taps and larger pipework to ensure maximum flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back