Flanges in Stainless Steel Cylinders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, my old copper tank has finally given me cause to rip it out and replace it with a SS equivalent. The question that I have is whether or not it is good form to use an Essex Flange (no stop variety in order to allow shower pump pipe to enter the tank and take feeds from near the top) as I did in my copper tank.

The flange gave good service but the local plumbers merchant advised not to try and cut the SS cylinder, instead advising me to take the feed off the vent pipe at a 45 degree angle to the pipe.

I'm not convinced and believe that, with the right cutter, there should be no issue with using the Essex flange.

Am I being stupid?

Sponsored Links
not advisable. its technically possible but it could end up messy and expensive. Just buy one with a shower feed already fitted job done.

not advisable. its technically possible but it could end up messy and expensive. Just buy one with a shower feed already fitted job done.

Thanks Micky. Do you know who would supply one? I'm not having much luck locally - Swindon area. Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back