Flashing colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had new roof and flashing fitted on our new extension, but one section of flashing is a different colour from the rest (see photo).

Is this acceptable, or should I ask the builder to get the roofers to change it?

Just wondering if it will blend in over time. Doesn't look great in my opinion, looks more like it's had a repair than being new.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• flashing.png
    flashing.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Unless its the wrong code, it will age and eventually you wont notice it. Its more important IMO that a good job was done with so many cowboys about.

Doesn't look great in my opinion
Whilst aesthetics can mean a great deal when picking a wall paper or a car or a floor finish, I'd place less emphasis on the patina of a lead flashing, over its performance any day. I'd more inclined to ask questions like is the code correct, or is the lap correct.

It just looks to me like a more aged piece of lead rather than a freshly rolled out piece. Noting detrimental going on though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back