Flashing flat roof skylights - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I feel I've bitten off more than I can chew with fitting my EDPM roof. I am struggling with how to finish off the skylights.

I cut a big X where the skylight was going, and later glued the excess rubber up the sides. But now I need to deal with the corners, and because of the little kerb at the bottom, the pre-formed corners won't fit at all. I need to come up with something using a couple of small pieces of rubber to get the corner properly covered, especially where it meets the deck. (The little patches are temporary as water was getting in)

The Velux install guide doesn't help much, and the illustration they provide would seem to be with a more stretch / shapeable material in mind.

I'm honestly lost, and out of energy with it now! Can anyone help?

IMG-0803.jpg IMG-0804.jpg

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why have you already fitted the rooflight?

https://www.permaroofstore.co.uk/q-seam-corner-flashing.html or you can get preformed external corners, suggest you check out YouTube for some guidance.

Fitted it as the instructions said it needs fully fitting and then flashing all the way up. The top glass can be easily removed.

Pre-formed corners don't work (as above), as the little kerb (?) at the base stops them.

Thanks, annoying thing being in Jersey is everything needs ordering in, so another 2 weeks probably!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back