EPDM Repair Advice/Products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We have had a flat roof kitchen extension built, with EPDM and two skylights. The company that built it pulled out of the project neat completion, it was really weird and I don't know why they didn't finish it but I get the feeling that they misquoted and were just cutting their losses at a time when materials started to skyrocket during Covid, it left us having to find a carpenter for doors etc inside and someone to render outside, which we did. Anyway, we now seem to have a small leak close to a skylight and I don't really want to get them back in after letting us down. I am hoping I can fix this myself. The roof is only 18 months old. The leak is pretty small, just some minor staining on the paintwork, but I don't want it to get worse. My guess is it is coming through the skylight flashing, directly above the damp patch, as it just doesn't seem as bonded as the other joins on the roof. I can get my finger under it a little for example. So, can I fix this myself? If so what is the best product to use, I see more repair strips of EPDM, glues, silicones etc. I would really like to repair this so that it doesn't come back, so something reliable would be good, not a quick/cheap product.

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
I read your reply as cats rule! Had to look twice to see you wanted pics....attempting pics now..

Attachments

• 20220704_124155.jpg
    20220704_124155.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220704_124229.jpg
    20220704_124229.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20220704_124231.jpg
    20220704_124231.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 80
Cure-C-cure or John Bull patch ?;) Maybe try Rubber 4 roofs and buy a few bits from them and get advice ?

Sponsored Links
Clean the joint, then prime it and stick a strip of Firestone form flash on it.
Form flash is used to flash corners of skylights on EPDM roofs.
Glues and silicones don't adhere properly to EPDM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back