Flashing for lean to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
v4-460px-Add-a-Lean-To-Onto-a-Shed-Step-20-Version-2.jpg
I have read on here it is recommended to use lead flashing into brickwork and pointed rather than than the sticky stuff which i understand the reasoning for.

The roof sheets i plan to use on lean to are corrugated (purely because of the ease of getting them on roof in the first place ) the image above is not my roof but same in principal:LOL:

Do i lay the lead straight onto them or use a profile filler to create a flat surface? I can imagine there is a straightforward answer from you roofers but i knock things down for a living not put them up and would appreciate your advice.

roof is 5m x 4m approx

Sponsored Links
You can buy lead that is corigated and easy to mould into the shape of your roof covering, for example your corigated sheets.
This is similar to the led at the bottom of a velux roof window. If you or friends or family have a venue just open up the window and have a look.
However as a time served slater of 39 yrs I would use flat led code 4 or 5 would be my choice I would dress the lead into the contours of the roof, I would range the lead into the brickwork 1 1/2" to 2" minimum

Sponsored Links
Lee I just noticed a couple of typo's on my part.
1/ Replace venue velux and 2/ replace range with raggle.
Sorry about that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back