Flashing issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am hoping someone will be able to help on this one.

Ill be re-roofing the conservatory this weekend part of this process ill be lowering the existing roof by about 12" and increasing the pitch from about 12d to 20D.

Up both sides of the conny are two walls, one is double skin brick which was the old existing building and now joins onto the kitchen, the other is an external wall that had been built for the conny, This wall is brick outer skin and thermalite inner skin. Currently this wall runs to the profile of the roof and has capping/coping stone on the top of the wall with lead flashing under that to the roof as pictured here.

IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG

I have put the new windows in already with steels between each unit.

What i want to know is how i should fix the flashing on the left hand wall highlighted in red; taking into account the roof will be a lot lower, if i leave the wall in situ it will sit taller than the roof so ill need to install flashing into the wall face but with thermalight block work i am not sure how this is best done? Grind a groove out using a straight edge as guide? or should i take the top off the wall and rebuild from brick?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
If it's going to become outside of the conservatory, I would take down the thermalites and build up in brick, then cut a groove following the pitch of the roof as you describe, plug your flashing in with lead plugs and point with mortar or leadmate

That is what i was thinking, how would i close the cavity off? use the coping stones again?
i have calder lead clips and leadmate at the ready :)

Sponsored Links
yep lead or DPC over the cavity, and then coping stones back on top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back