Flashing on mono pitch roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking flashing my mono pitch roof. Thing is the height you would normally cut a groove in to the brick is the top of the wall.

So whats my best options, cement on top of wall, bend flashing in place then cement over top of flashing that is sat on top of the wall?

First diy roofing project so open to suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Seen such a thing done a couple of ways. I've seen a groove cut into the top of the wall which I can't really say I would be too keen on.
A better way would be to take up your flashing to at least the top of the wall and use a second piece(s) of lead to to cap the whole wall. The capping lead would normally be fixed with stainless or copper straps fixed to the wall first and clipped over the lower edge of the capping.

Both good ideas but will go for the coping stones idea in that it seems easier for me to do.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back