Flat battery on Shogun should be simple BUT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anybody help me please. I have a Mitsubishi Shogun 3litre petrol automatic, 1997.

We left it standing for 4 weeks due to I was temporarily using a van and now it has a flat battery. I did run it once to prevent this happening but obviously not enough times.

Now I would normally hook my friends car up to it and start it like that but I have heard you must not connect Shogun batteries up to other cars as you can blow something on the Shogun. I think I heard you are not supposed to get other cars started from the Shogun originally. Anybody know anything about this please?

Obviously being automatic I cannot bump it.

Help please. :(

Sponsored Links
no idea what so ever about shoguns, but in the mean time, why dont you take the battery out and put it on a car charger, since its flat anway, it wont make any difference

happyhero said:
I would but I have no charger unfortunately

pehaps its time to buy one? they dont cost that much, but in the mean time take battery out and connect it to another car but this will take a while to properly charge

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
in the mean time take battery out and connect it to another car but this will take a while to properly charge
You don't even need to take it all the way out. Just disconnect one of the terminals, connect the jump leads up to the battery terminals for a few minutes, disconnect the jump leads, reconnect the disconnected terminal, start it and leave it running for about half hour. If it fails to start just repeat the process for a bit longer.

ah, sounds good, but if a jump lead is dropped in the wrong place, thats why i suggest take it out

Perhaps I should have said remove the earth terminal from the battery and be careful ;)

Back