Flat Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have put plans in to split my Semi detached house into 2x flats. Two doors away there is a similar development.

One objection so far received quotes issues relating to the length of time scaffold has been around my house from a previous loft conversion , and the length of time that conversion has taken (Dec 2012 - Aug 2015).

The build started and stopped several times due to architect issues (I had to work off plan - see my other posts here about this), personal injury and family matters during this time, hence it has taken so long.

The Flat Conversion will not require any scaffold, am I wise to write to the Planning Officer to inform him ?

Is this a 'material consideration' for the planning department to include in its decision ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't see how this is a material consideration - but as FMT says, it's still a good idea to respond. Did I just agree with FMT?

Sponsored Links
OK thanks for your comments ... will pen a note.

Found this info on the Richmond council website - I cant see any of my neighbours objections listed as a material planning consideration:

What is a valid objection to a planning application
The Council can only take into account 'material planning considerations' when looking at your comments. The most common of these (although not an exhaustive list) are shown below:

Reasons
  • Loss of light or overshadowing
  • Overlooking/loss of privacy
  • Visual amenity (but not loss of private view)
  • Adequacy of parking/loading/turning
  • Highway safety
  • Traffic generation
  • Noise and disturbance resulting from use
  • Hazardous materials
  • Smells
  • Loss of trees
  • Effect on listed building and conservation area
  • Layout and density of building
  • Design, appearance and materials
  • Landscaping
  • Road access
  • Local, strategic, regional and national planning policies
  • Government circulars, orders and statutory instruments
  • Disabled persons' access
  • Compensation and awards of costs against the Council at public enquiries
  • Proposals in the Development Plan
  • Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)
  • Nature conservation
  • Archaeology
  • Solar panels
We cannot take into account matters which are sometimes raised but are not normally planning considerations such as:

• The perceived loss of property value
  • Private disputes between neighbours
  • The loss of a view
  • The impact of construction work or competition between firms
  • Restrictive covenants
  • Ownerships disputes over rights of way
  • Fence lines etc
  • Personal morals or views about the applicant.
Please note: it is important to understand that the material considerations relevant to any particular application will need to be weighed in the final decision process according to their seriousness and relative importance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back