Flat garage roof

S

SaladFingers

What's the best way to build a flat roof with felt on a garage? I'd like to know how to do the roof joists, where they go etc. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You would normally bed a timber wall plate on top of the garage wall at the desired height, fix the joists on top of the wall plate then fix the decking to the joists.

Typically joists would be spaced at 400 c/c to tally up with 1200mm x 2400mm plywood sheet decking.

The timber wall plate would be anchored down with bent holding-down straps.

Is the garage single skin masonry?

Hi, yes, the garage is single skin walls. Some of the brick work needs to be done too.

I have some building skills. I'm alright at building things with wood and knocking up mortar etc, but maybe not all that confident at a whole thing like this.

With a single skin fella you would be better off laying the joists directly on the wall top and building them in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate.

Is there a drawing you could show me so that I know exactly where to put the joists, how the roof boards go, facia boards etc.

By the way, even though the garage is a single skin wall, one side wall sides onto the house which is cavity. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back