Flat roof balcony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone on this fine
Sunny day :)

I’m the next few months we are going to be building a small single extension to the back of the house opening up the kitchen

Instead of just having a flat roof I wondered what the regulations would be to take advantage of the situation and build the roof to spec for a terrace/ balcony area.

The add on is going to be 3 metres wide x 2m deep. Across the far end where the doors will be (3 metre width) I’ll obviously be using a lintel not sure if I should use a catnic type or rsj

It’s not going to having paving slabs just artificial grass and of course a 1 metre high safety barrier around

Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Hey Freddie,

I was afraid that may be the case

Our house is a bit of a L shape at the back so the extension is like a upside down L if that makes sense so would overlook forward and the right… oh well it was crying out to be a terrace lol

Sponsored Links
No, that doesn't really make sense, as mentioned context and overlooking issues will be important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back