Flat roof condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently built an extension.
Due to roof on original I have had to put the top section of the new roof in a flat roof.
I used a single ply membrane. It was completed around two months ago and already all the ply on the underside is covered in mould.
im fairly sure there is no leak and think its condensation. i have continuos ventilation in the soffit. will high level vents help??
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I mean the original roof has rosemary roof tiles and due to height restrictions with the hips my new extension had to have a significant top section which is a flat roof.
I would appreciate some advice on the damp/mould issue.
will vents higher up, ie above the insulation help?
I'm very concerned at the state of the plywood already.

Sponsored Links
Nah still don't get it, oh well someone else can fathom it out.
He intends building a 'flat topper'.

We have built two in the last 6 years the most recent was built last autumn. It is when a hipped roof maxes out height wise and reverts to a flatty in order to not exceed a given height.

Architects and builders always opt for a warm roof deck for obvious reasons.

Yep I get that bit but don't understand how he's gone about detailing/venting it and until that's clarified the thread is going nowhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back