Flat roof leak or condensation?

Sponsored Links
pinholes even, in the Grp deck when installed
well for the benefit of future, it turns out you were exactly right. I scraped off some of the mushy osb from below (there's a thin hard crust on the bottom) and I can see clusters of pinholes though to outside in the GRP. Presumably that quadrant of the roof was not consolidated properly and it's been soaking into the OSB ever since.

Glad that's resolved. You, or your builder should be able to do a localised repair i.e. overlaying with a strip of new grp glued/epoxied down.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Glad that's resolved. You, or your builder should be able to do a localised repair i.e. overlaying with a strip of new grp glued/epoxied down.

Blup
Yeah I won't be going up purely for safety reasons, but the repair will be cutting out all the sodden OSB, laying fresh, and then as you mention laying/overlaying with another layer of flexible GRP. Waiting for a couple of quotes on that.

Here are the photos. It was much more obvious by eye, for some reason the holes with daylight coming through don't really show up on the photos

20230112_102002.jpg
20230112_101946.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back