Flat roof painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings all,

At the start of August we had a roofer renew our flat roof using a felt/tar solution and upon completion, the roof was painted. Below are images of when it was completed and how it looks about 10 minutes ago - does anyone know why the paint has gone so bad? The paint was applied pretty much straight after the roof was finished - was it applied too soon? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Cheers

WHEN FINISHED IN AUGUST:
2pzy448.jpg

HOW IT LOOKS NOW:
27ybjuf.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like I put a can of the paint they used away in my shed without realising:
B025447~armstead-trade-floor-paint-grey-5-litre.jpg

Armstead Trade Floor Paint is a professional quality, solvent-based general purpose paint for use on interior concrete, wood and metal surfaces. Resistant to pedestrian foot traffic and light rubber wheeled vehicular traffic.

No wonder the roof looks terrible. They've used interior floor paint all over my flat roof :evil: :evil: I'm furious.

Sponsored Links
I dont know how easy the floor paint will be to remove without damaging the felt, i would leave it to weather over the winter then apply the solar paint in the spring.

I dont know how easy the floor paint will be to remove without damaging the felt, i would leave it to weather over the winter then apply the solar paint in the spring.

OK cheers - I appreciate the advice. Sorry to ask again but is using this paint as crazy as it sounds? or is it known to work? I hired what appeared to be "proper" roofers so there was an element of trust that they knew what they were doing...

I dont think any of us on here will have used floor paint as a solar reflective coating so cant really comment on its durability on a roof which is exposed to the elements.

Not long i would think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back