Flat roof problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am repairing my garage roof. I have attached a picture to explain.
Its not the re-roofing that is concern, I can reboard and fit with Felt or EPM easily myself, but at opening end, some eeejiot has previously fit the carport structure right up against the top of the garage roof. This will be a problem for either adding the welts and battoning/fascia or a fabricated upstand piece for epm. Both will problably have a deeper depth so the carport joist is in the way!

Just look at the weight those mighty carport joists has to bear - those 5mm perspex sheets are awfully heavy!! Overkill or what.

I am thinking that the carport joist is probably nailed screwed to the first joist in the garage roof - maybe I can lever this away and get in behind there.

But more than likely the best way is to remove it and rework the joists of the carport after the roof is done?

Solutions please! Thanks

Sponsored Links
The timber on the carport needs to be a sufficient depth to bear the weight of snow loading, it doesnt look like overkill to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back