Flat Roof Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I am in the process of building a 4m x 3m double skinned summerhouse, its being done under PD so i cannot go any higher than 2.5m as its too close to the boundary. I am thinking about a flat epdm roof.

Can anyone help me with how the roof is constructed? Do the roof beams sit on hangers on the inner skin of the summerhouse, or are the roof beams sat on top of the outer walls.

I have been told to use 6x2 at 400 centres, could i possibly use 5x2 instead to give me an extra inch of head room as it will be quite tight on headroom.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Do the roof beams sit on hangers on the inner skin of the summerhouse, or are the roof beams sat on top of the outer walls
Either. The latter means you don't have the expense and messing about with hangers. But normally they would sit on the inner wall.

Can't you pitch the roof slightly for head room or lower the floor.?

Either. The latter means you don't have the expense and messing about with hangers. But normally they would sit on the inner wall.

Can't you pitch the roof slightly for head room or lower the floor.?

Thanks for the reply Woody, TBH the brickie has come to far up for level, then had the slab poured, so I cant lower the floor unfortunately. I am now left with about 2200mm from the floor to play with. So I am thinking about a 1900high patio door, this leaves me with around 300mm to sort the roof and leave as much head room as possible. Luckily I am only 5ft 11!

Any more help or suggestion as to the best way to maximise the height I have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back