Flat roof repair after removing concrete gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - we have a flat roof over our kitchen - good nick, but probably 10 year old at least I would think.

The roof but up to the main building (bungalow) just under a concrete gutter. The roofers have basically run the felt from the flat roof right over the gutter. It leaks and is pooling water at one end, so I want to take it off. So far so good, have done this before and know what to expect. My problem is what to do with 8m long trip of exposed deck once the gutter is off?

It is quite big, 8x3m, so I don't want to replace the whole thing if I have to, just the strip. Traditional cold lay felt systems seem to be thin on the ground these days, and I ma not sure if the self-adhesive systems will stick to the original properly. It is smooth, with no gravel, has been painted with reflective paint in the past.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ian

Sponsored Links
Its not clear as to what is leaking - the felt, the gutter or the felted gutter?

Pics would really help, maybe you can post some?

Hi - the leak is at one end of the felted gutter (it pools there). I know I will have to replace the deck in this area, but along the rest of the length of the gutter it is sound and has not been wet. I guess my question is really about what roofing materials will bond to another, as in the old built up felt I don't want to pull up. There only seems to be self-adhesive options. I feel even more uneasy about the use of various liquid options with embedded meshes etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back