Flat roofed garage - change to pitched roof - permitted or planning?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My flat roofed garage is joined to my house. It forms part of the principal elevation. As part of my permitted development side extension, I'd like to modify this flat roof by adding a tiled monopitched roof to the front and side of the garage to tie in with the side extension - ridge will be under 4m, eaves under 3m as per the extension.

Can I do this under the permitted development or is this now crossing the line into needing planning permission?

Sponsored Links
Difficult to tell without a plan or sketch, but your probably going to be okay as I don't think you will be coming forward of the principle elevation.

Here is a diagram of my intentions. The main house (not shown) is attached to the left of the garage and my new extension is to the right of the garage and is set back slightly.

The roof of the garage is currently flat but will come forward approx 4" with a gutter if I convert to pitched.

Attachments

• Untitled 2.pdf
    294.6 KB · Views: 318
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back