flat roofs above bedr - parties & damp can I demand remo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking at this ground floor flat which has a bedroom with a flat roof. Above it is front door to upstairs flat. (the bedroom was changed from garage to bedroom according to planning permission in 1977)

2 years ago after a leak the roof was repaired by builder, the upstairs flat afterwards arranged with same builder to put down decking.

I can see barbicue, big plant pots, table & chairs etc. Do you think its unreasonable if I demand stopping use for parties and decking up so I can access it for repairs/maintenance etc?

Any thoughts would be greatly received?

(ps all that green, it looks like its causing problems - I wouldn't want them using it as privacy rear garden etc but if they refused can I say its damaging the roof)

Regards

www.photobucket.com/mseroof

Sponsored Links
Seems to me that you would have more difficulties with the heigth of the path/ground level alongside your structure than the roof.
However, what you ask is a legal question - why not call a local solicitor for a free 5 mins heads-up? Read and have to hand your tenancy agreement if you are a tenant. Or if a prospective buyer you already have a solicitor at hand.

"Damages" coming on to your property from a neighbour can be rectified by gaining access to the neighbours property if they dont rectify the problem(s).
However it could be a long march thro the legal process.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back