Flatmaster 2000 vent system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of having a flatmaster 2000 fitted in my flat to help reduce the condensation. We have followed all other guidelines to reduce the moisture but are still getting it in our small 1 bed flat.

Are they any good?
Will it be ok to have the duct running through our built in waldrobe to the hallway?
I ask because I am afraid it would affect all our clothes in there!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So you have a vent in every room, extractor fan in kitchen and bathroom which are used at every opportunity and don't dry any washing in the home?

Sponsored Links
Then condensation should not be a problem.

Well we are, its only a small flat and with x2 people living there we produce a lot of moisture even with window open, the bedroom is the worse area.

So does anyone have any reviews on the Flatmaster 2000?

Window in the bedroom and all down one corner of the wall in the bedroom.

Chances are your vents are blocked or obstructed, window condensation is quite normal, on walls then you have poor ventilation additional mechanical ventilation should not be required, are vents clear of obstruction in bedroom.?

Then condensation should not be a problem.

Not at all

Whilst condensation is produced by the occupants, it is the building's ability to deal with it which causes the problems.

There are such things as poorly designed, poorly constructed and inappropriately located or orientated buildings, and whatever is done to alleviate condensation, nothing works.

Positive pressure fans are a last resort, but subject to proper survey and installation, they will work - but in addition to reducing any excessive moisture production

Trickle vents are insufficient, and I doubt you leave the windows open when you go out?, ventilation via air brick is required 24/7/365 to be efficient.

Its a 1st floor flat so it will be a bit difficult to fit a airbrick unless I just have one on the inside and hope there is enough air in the cavity from the airbricks on the ground floor!

YES, simple vent covers will do unless you have strong prevailing winds which require a cowl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back