flats flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in top floor flat of converted house. i currently have either floor boards, or floor boards with green fibre board and cheap laminate. i want to reduce the noise as much as possible for my neighbours below. i know the probable answer is a good underlay and carpet but would really like wood floors. i have seen reclaimed 22m beech floors from gyms. questions is there any way i can use this and reduce noise? can i lay such a floor straight over floating laminate floor? will this help reduce the noise? the room with just floor boards i am currently lifting them for gas and electrics, is there anyway i could put the reclaimed beech directly onto the joists and still find away to reduce noise. height is an issue in this room as it is in eaves? any thoughts or ideas, cost is real issue .
cheers jon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back