Fleck Water Heater tripping the power (Spain)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Out of interest, what does the 'U' stand for?

View attachment 303301

Can't find anything on-line.
The "picture" illustrates that which appears to be a "Type C" socket outlet.
(Google Translate tells me that "varios" = "several" - with "varios" being "masculine" and "varias" being "feminine".)

Hence it probably means "various socket-outlets" - although Google Translate tells me that that is "varias tomas de corriente"
Translating that back to English comes up with "multiple power outlets"

We need a Spanish Electrician to tell us !

As suggested by DetlefSchmitz,
"ubicaciones" = "locations".
So "various locations" is quite likely.

Last edited:
This is gonna sound silly but I noticed a couple of plug ins, one to keep the cat calm and one as a basic air freshener. Both empty and still plugged in. They were warm to touch. I've now removed them and put the water heater back on an the last 15 hours have been fine

This is gonna sound silly but I noticed a couple of plug ins, one to keep the cat calm and one as a basic air freshener. Both empty and still plugged in. They were warm to touch. I've now removed them and put the water heater back on an the last 15 hours have been fine
It’s not silly if it’s solved the issue - it’s still an electrical item.

USOS Varios. Various uses - normally your sockets. Alumbrado is lighting (may be a 10A circuit breaker AND some of the sockets may be on this lighting circuit! Vitro-Horno is Oven and Hob, but note that is only a 16A breaker! Often the water heater and washing machine circuits share a circuit breaker, which is often marked Lavadoro y Thermo. All circuits are protected by a "Differencial" or RCD and the incoming supply is limited by a C-curve single MCB which varies from 16A (3.5KW) to 60A (13.5KW) for which the Standing Charge made by the electricity supplier increases with demand. Hope this helps!

Has anyone used these water heaters before? I'm renting a home and the landlord insists on this heater as he installed one when we moved in. I've lived here 7 years and we're on our 3rd one. The first one died after a year by leaking everywhere. The second one lasted 2 and a half years but also died by leaking everywhere, and this current one we have abu0t 3 years I'd say and it seems to be now having problems. Electrical problems.
Last night there was a trip in the power, it was very late, but I checked each switch individually and couldn't find the issue immediately, but for some reason, when I unplugged the kettle, the power stayed on. That was fine. Now this evening, the power tripped again, and the kettle wasn't even plugged in. So, I unplugged things one at a time and rechecked each time. Strangely, this time, when I unplugged the robot vacuum cleaner, the power stayed on......but for just 5 minutes and then tripped again. At this point, I noticed that the water heater seems to be the only plugged in appliance that isn't on the same fuse as the rest of the sockets, and I found this unusual. Of course that might be perfectly normal, as I'm not an electrician or a plumber! But I had a hunch and I decided to unplug the water heater and then put the power back on, I even plugged the vacuum cleaner and kettle back in and boiled some water, and the power has stayed on solid for the last hour.
This suggests a possible fault with the water heater, right?
Should I run an extension cable to it and plug it in there and see if the system stays on? Or is it time to change this water heater as well. It's a FLECK water heater, cylinder shaped, 2 images attached.
Any help appreciated
Did you ever figure this out?

Sponsored Links
Back