Flexi hose not reaching cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im actually a tiler and have a small issue refitting a wc. I've levelled a floor and tiled it with a thick stone and now the flexi hose won't reach the bottom of the cistern. It's only about 50mm. The existing flexi hose is 300mm. I know the next size up is 500mm which wouldn't be feasable. My question is, is there an extension piece i could add to the threaded plastic coming out of the cistern? If not any other recommendations please.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Some fill valves are adjustable from inside the cistern, lower the valve to suit? 50mm is a lot of difference from old postion so does the pipe from the pan outlet still match without rising?

upload_2020-6-8_19-27-14.jpeg
+ at least one washer, possiby fibre, possibly rubber, and maybe some hemp, loctite55 or PTFE.

It's not formulaic; you gotta work with what's there.

Part pictured is a 50mm 1/2" brass extension piece, male to female.

View attachment 195181 + at least one washer, possiby fibre, possibly rubber, and maybe some hemp, loctite55 or PTFE.

It's not formulaic; you gotta work with what's there.

Part pictured is a 50mm 1/2" brass extension piece, male to female.
What & where is that fitting from? Don`t see how that could work tbh.

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't by screwing the female end onto the male of the cistern threadn make up the 50 mm ,thats what it looks like to me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back