Flexi Hose to copper pipe radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my kitchen, I have a Mason plinth heater connected to the CH.

I’d like to remove the plinth heater, use the existing flexi hoses to come out the side of a kitchen unit, build a plasterboard wall, attach copper pipes from the flexi hose into a new radiator on the new wall, which is under a mini breakfast bar.

Is this feasible? If not I’d have to somehow remove the flexi hose from the CH pipes and copper from there. This will be much more awkward due to access under a kitchen cupboard, and can’t really remove the cupboard as it’s all granite worktops.

Hope that makes sense

Sponsored Links
Some pictures, myson flexi pipes there, red lines on first picture is where to take the flexi pipes out to the side of the cupboard.

Second picture has the exit holes then attack copper pipes for radiator , then build a wall there with skirting etc to hang a 1200x700 radiator.

My current issue is, the kitchen is 5mX12m and all it has the other end is a 300mm designer radiator and this myson plinth heater, which is silly in winter

Attachments

• FC9AE327-49DD-4DB9-A2DD-E19F75C0CF93.jpeg
    FC9AE327-49DD-4DB9-A2DD-E19F75C0CF93.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 552
  • 819F135E-189C-49F6-9F22-19A341D4489F.jpeg
    819F135E-189C-49F6-9F22-19A341D4489F.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 343
I wouldn’t be using flexi hoses on a heating system, risk of it perishing and bursting. Do it in copper as it’s proper ;)

A plinth heater has to have flexi's as it's part of the unit's installation procedure and allows servicing access but they're terrible and tend to be sludge catchers. If you're removing the plinth heater then you have to remove the flexi's.

Sponsored Links
A plinth heater has to have flexi's as it's part of the unit's installation procedure and allows servicing access but they're terrible and tend to be sludge catchers. If you're removing the plinth heater then you have to remove the flexi's.
The flexi’s screw into the plinth heater, not as one.

Or do you mean, when you have no plinth heater is much better to do away with them entirely.

The plinth heater has been there for at least 15 years and no signs on sledge, well when I bled it, the water was clear.

Is what I’d like to do feasible just not really advisable then? It’s just going to be awkward to remove flexi’s, and somehow solder onto the existing copper pipes near the back

The flexi’s screw into the plinth heater, not as one.

Or do you mean, when you have no plinth heater is much better to do away with them entirely.

The plinth heater has been there for at least 15 years and no signs on sledge, well when I bled it, the water was clear.

Is what I’d like to do feasible just not really advisable then? It’s just going to be awkward to remove flexi’s, and somehow solder onto the existing copper pipes near the back

Start from the two pushfit elbows.

Excellent, thanks all.

I was thinking rather than build a wall to hang it, what’s people’s experience with cast iron radiators?

I’ve found one I like, very expensive though.

I understand they take longer to heat up, but how much longer, is it like 10 minutes extra compared to a normal double radiator or like an hour?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back