Flexi MDF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a sheet of flexi MDF about 1.2m or 4ft in length and want to make a cylinder. I think this will go round, but does anyone knows to the contrary? Mainly, can I have the grooved surface on the outside of the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
i am just curios what are you making? (if you dont mind me asking)

It's to make a sculpture/painting for my A level art, studying time and maps, painting a map of the world around it demonstrating time zones and how some countries times are not what their position around the globe should be (hence wanting the lines of latitude to be created by the grooves). This also demonstrates how many maps are inaccurate by stretching apart lines of latitude in this way, and I'm going to put a clock movement in the top, with an hour hand that rotates once in twenty four hours, pointing to where it is midnight in the world at any time. :cool: Anyone know if I can bend it with the grooved side out? :rolleyes: :?:

Sponsored Links
Surely the flexability is dependant on the thickness of the mdf at the base of the grooves so in fact it will flex either way. The danger would be trying to achieve too small a diameter. If you have the sheet why can't you try it?.
Don't you know the world is 'flat' and not 'cylindrical'. If you used a flat sheet of mdf you won't have the problem.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back