Flexible hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought some 3/4"x 15mm flexible hoses with an isolating valve built in to plumb in a bath and I've noticed the internal bore particularly through the valve part is very small approx 6mm. My hot and cold water pressure is not very good so I'm concerned that this reduction in bore will effect the flow further should I be concerned. I would like to use flexi's as once the baths in it will be impossible to get access to tighten up the connections so are there any large bore flexis available and would I be better off using a separate isolating valve rather than a built in one.

Sponsored Links
I would avoid flexible hoses full stop, even some of the WRAS approved ones can leak after a year!
Such is the quality of the majority, I have now vowed never to use them on any future projects.

Sponsored Links
Never really thought about it before, but I installed a Franke kitchen tap that came with flexis together with standard 15mm isolating valves so thought that was the way to go but the flow particularly the hot water has never been good.

Anyway worked out how to do the job avoiding flexis so as advised will be installing copper and full bore valves.

Another thought on the valves cant see much point in fitting them behind a tiled bath panel unless I make a access cover which the wife doesn't like the idea of so thought about fitting the valves under the landing floorboards just out side the bathroom, would this be ok or do they have to be as close as possible to the tap.

You can put them wherever's convenient but if it's not obvious what they serve it's good to tie a label around them to identify what they do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back