Flexible Tap Hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just changing some bath taps for a shower mixer. I have installed 22mm isolation valves into the hot and cold pipework. I intend to use flexible tap hose connectors from the isolation valves to the taps.
My question is this:
Screwfix sell hoses with a built in isolation valve and a bore of 13mm and hoses without an isolation valve but a bore of only 10mm. Should I go for the larger bore (I don't need the isolation valve) or will the smaller bore be ok?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Depends on pressure available. Get 13mm to keep options open. You may find shower mixer doesn't work well - see current thread on this subject.

Thanks. Just found another website selling pipes with an internal bore of 19mm. Would these be better?

Depends on pressure available. Get 19mm to keep options open.

Sponsored Links
You could use plastic 22mm pipe. It doesn't burst by itself behind the bath panel, but is quite easy to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back