Flexible roof pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I have water running down my wall and marking my fairly new render, the water is coming from my roof/pointing. My question is what would be the best pointing to use that would be flexible? I live in a bungalow which seems to move with ambient temperature changes, i am hoping flexible pointing would solve my issues.

Sponsored Links
Morning all,

I have water running down my wall and marking my fairly new render, the water is coming from my roof/pointing. My question is what would be the best pointing to use that would be flexible? I live in a bungalow which seems to move with ambient temperature changes, i am hoping flexible pointing would solve my issues.
Not a clue, sorry. Need more info or piccies please.

If you type into google flexible roof putty! that might be your solution.

Sponsored Links
Haha......

Basically it appears the pointing on my roof tiles has failed again and letting water through when then runs down the roof felt and onto my external walls, staining my wall in the process. My bungalow moves a bit with the seasonal temperatures and was looking into pointing that would be able to cope with the movement and prevent it from cracking/failing in the future.

Pointing shouldn't be critical to keeping the water out.

Roof felt you say? Think we need pictures, the answer may well be doing it properly instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back