Flexible tap connectors for toilet cistern supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it acceptable to use flexible tap connectors for the supply to a toilet cistern? It would certainly make life easier for me to fit... what's the consensus? Thank's guys :)

Mark

Sponsored Links
I have them on one of mine, I think they're great and include a ball service valve.

mine are on tank not mains pressure

I hear they sometimes fail, I am sure this is more likely if you were to twist or kink them while fitting.

Ah, thanks for the reply. Mine will be at mains pressure should I be wary?

Cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Just make sure you check them occassionaly. I came a cross one a few weeks ago that had been leaking from the connection to the floatvalve for some time and this had rotted the s/s braiding. Needless to say the rubber hose inside burst causing a bit of a mess. :eek:

stainless steel that can't withstand fresh water? :eek:

i use them all the time for basins, baths and toilet cisterns. save time and have no problems with them.
on a weak gravity hot i'll give them a miss

stainless steel that can't withstand fresh water? :eek:

My thoughts entirely John. Unless a) 'tis a very low grade of s/s and b) 'tis to do with the very fine "wire" that flexible brading is made of.

I have the offending flexible in the lock-up somewhere. I will try & find it and post a piccy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back