flickering downlighter

dcd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please? i have 6 down lighters running on 1 switch, tried to turn on the other morning and power had tripped out, turned back on and a bulb had blown. Changed bulb and now the the down lighter with the replaced bulb flickers but not all the time, i have tried different bulbs from different suppliers etc. This did not happen before bulb blew and its only the one light that flickers. Lights were installed in a new build 4.5 years ago.
Appreciate any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
some deposit or other on the lamp terminal

if they are wired in parallel it could be losse connection at the fitting

If they are in series it could be a loose connection if that is the last fitting

Are they transformed to extra low voltage. If they have are wired with individual transformers then it could be a damaged transformer or a loose coonection at the transformer.

Are they mr16, gu10, led or other type?

You need to isolate the supply drop the light fitting from the ceiling.

Check the connections are mechanically secure. The light may be fed via an extra low voltage transformer. This may be at fault.

If you have a voltage indicator then you can check at various points to confirm a consistent voltage.

Sponsored Links
It looks like i disturbed a connection changing the bulb, thanks for your help and suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back