flickering halgens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had some low voltage holgens fitted to my living room. I have a circuit of 8 35W dichronic halogens each with their own 20-60VA electronic transformer. I have connected a 400W dimmer switch and the lights flicker intermittantly on start up? It seems to go away after a while but overnight the problem re-occurred. Is the problem in the dimmer switch, i.e is there a max number of lights i can run on the switch. I\\\'m reluctant to go back to standard switch, i want the opportunity to dim the white light? The room is boarded up now, dont want to have to re-wire etc. Any help would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
check your transformers some are not suitable for dimming! in my experience jcl are a good make to get and work every time without problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back