Flickering PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our outside PIR security light has started flickering. Upon further inspection, it appears to be the contact of the connectors between the bulb (R7S?), and the two springy bulb holder either side.

When I rotate the bulb, at a certain point the light is stable, so my guess is crappy electrical connection.

I have tried to bend out the spring connector a bit, so it presses on the bulb contacts with a bit more force, but no joy. Any ideas (maybe this is a common problem with these?

Thanks,

KP

Sponsored Links
Its about 18 months old, only a cheap Wickes 120W own brand one.

Looks like it is intermittant contact between the concave bulb holder contacts, and the domed contact ends of the bulb. So if I spin/rotate the bulb around in the PIR, at a certain point it makes a stable contact.

I've tried bending the contacts in a bit, to provide more force against the bulb ends, but is still playing up.

Might give the contacts a clean, in case there is corrosion, but I don't know what else to try! Would rather not have to replace the whole PIR.

Its a cheap Wickes 120W own brand one.
skip.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah, that would be the backup plan, but the PIR light still works. If I got a different PIR, it would have the same connectors, and maybe the same problem anyway?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back