Flight

J

Johnmelad502

Anyone using Microsoft Flight Simulator?

My son brought it for me last week, he knows I have always fancied taking flying lessons but could never afford it.

Been playing with it and am getting the hang of landing, though quite often fall short of the runway :cry:

Sponsored Links
Anyone using Microsoft Flight Simulator?

My son brought it for me last week, he knows I have always fancied taking flying lessons but could never afford it.

Been playing with it and am getting the hang of landing, though quite often fall short of the runway :cry:

I have MFS X, its addictive!

Take the lessons first before you start flying :LOL:

Its a great game, if you can call it a game. Theres a few forums on the web where you get advice and download airports and scenery. Just google 'microsoft flight simulator forums'

Happy flying! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ive got a fabulously good flight sim called All terrain fighter Gold, it ran on wondows 98 , and it had hundreds of military aircraft in, missions ,and accurate simulation. One fun thing wa sto try and land on an aircraft carrier, it was tricky in a small fighter like the Eurofighter, and bloody impossible in a Galaxy transporter :D

However, ive never been able to get it to run on XP or Vista :( because it injected video directly into video RAM which windows wont allow after 98.

I had a flight simulater program with my first computer many yrs ago but I could never get it to work.
:(

Are there any free flight simulater progs out there to download or can you recommend one to buy?

There is a flight sim' built into Google earth...

Click for :- Using Google earth Flight Simulator

FliteSim.jpg

;)

Lincsbodger

have you tried running it in compatibility mode for win 98?
load the disk right click on it selct properties and and you will see the tab for it tick the run in compatibilty mode and select win 98
see if it works

Drew[/quote]

ive tried everything you can think of.

Its because its injects directly into the video ram and windows post 98 wont allow that. It will start and run, but the second you move the airplane it must run off in memory into somerwhere not used by the memory map in XP and crashes the PC.

Ive spent many hours on several machines trying to get it to go.

Not 'Signed up' to anything Googly ...
Using Google Earth 5.1.3533.1731.
Apparently within recent GE versions 'The simulator' is not hidden before first use as was the case in older GE (???)

[url=http://www.justsearching.co.uk/JustBlog/google-earth-flight-simulator.html]nortonp[/url] said:
...Once you installed GE, open it up and press Ctrl + Alt + a to open up the flight simulator dialog, which looks like this...

flight.gif

...Once you have entered the flight simulator for the first time you can access it again from the menu bar by selecting Tools > Enter Flight Simulator...

-0-

Sponsored Links
Back