flipover saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy, I am interested in a second hand metabo kgt 501 flipover saw. Does anyone have experience of this machine who could tell me how good the parallel fence is when its in table saw mode. To me this is one of the most important aspects of a table saw.

Sponsored Links
i would be worried about the condition of the motor it will cost a lot to replace. are you after something portable?

Yep, but not too light. As long as I can get it out of my workshop for longer lengths. My metabo ts250 has just conked out, comutator broke up, quoted over £300 to replace motor so I know what you mean. Obviously I wont be going down that route which is a pity as it was a good machine re accuracy.

I have burnt out a few new machines i now have a 14 inch cast iron bench saw, a new 3hp motor was about £100.00 and a new bosch sliding mitre saw. I have put flaps in the shed to feed long wood to the saw.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately my shed sits in a recess so cant feed wood in. There seems to be a lot of claims regarding power of motors for portable saws but unfortunately most dont live up to them. I think the last lot of timber I cut was too wet which has probably overloaded the motor.
I suppose if I am going to use a portable then maybe not use to capacity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back