Dewalt DW743 Flip Saw Photos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy all,

I have a second hand flip saw. The beautiful dw743. She's in good condition and i've cleaned her up but she doesn't have the moving mitre saw safety guard, riving knife or any of the mechanics/ attachments needed for them.

I've ordered all the parts in but i dont have a completed saw to compare against. Can anyone provide me with photos of the space between blade , safety guard and housing in various positions? This will be great to know how to properly assemble it all.

thanks for any help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Howdy all,

Can anyone provide me some photos, instructions or advice for installing the safety guard and its mechanics for the dw743 flip saw? Just bought the bits and bobs for it but god knows how it all goes in.

The same goes for its riving knife assembly. I dont have a complete saw to work against so i'm :?:

thanks for any help in advance

i have the 742 the only difference is the switch on the handle in the chop mode on the 743

with the machine in chop mode and fully raised

there is a big black plastic wing nut on the front off the machine below the handle this releases the riving knife that will rotate down over the face off the blade this also supports the gaurd when flipped

figure n1
http://www.pet-hire.com/docs/manual/M13803.pdf

the gaurd just clips on the riving knife

Hi thanks for the reply. I just re read my message and its not clear, sorry.

The safety guard i'm talking about is the moving guard around the blade in mitre saw mode.

The guard and all its mechanics have been taken out. I'm looking for some photos of the space between the blade, safety guard and housing to give me an idea of how it should look when its all properly assembled.

you have to fix the riving knife into position in the chop mode
you then lower the blade by the large wheel at the back this pushes the riving knife through the table you then flip the table and attach the gaurd

Sponsored Links
Hi big all,

The saw is second hand and is missing the safety guard in mitre saw mode. It is this guard that i need to install.

I also need to install all the components that attach the riving knife to the housing.

I have ordered all the components in, but i need photos of the saw to help me assemble it as i dont have a fully assembled one to compare against.

did you look at the link i posted ?
it shows how it goes together

do you have the very big black wing nut and the attached triangular casting with the allen screw in it ??
the blade gaurd stay off untill you flip it
should also ask if its the old or new version i have the old version
this is the new
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOYtY2P-b1Y

Hi big-all

Im not talking about the guard that attaches to the riving knife. Thats the guard in table saw mode. Im talking about the larger semi circular guard in mitre saw mode.

Thanks for the video. Although i already know how to use and assemble the tool, there were some good insights into how the moving mitre guard works.

Yes i checked your link thanks. I'm already familiar with these instructions though thanks. She's quite a beasty tool so i wanted to know how to use her properly before i worked with her.

ahhh sorry
i am assuming it looks like the utube video rather than the link then??
if so its quite different to my version so any suggestion would be a pure guess

i would suggest unplugging removing the blade and have a dry fitting with springs removed to try and understand the operation in use
this may help you to understand the fitting
although looking at this diagram it looks pretty much the same :eek:
http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Dewalt-DW743-Type-2-Combination-Saw-Spare-Parts__p-56881.aspx

Ha mtmc is where i bought the spare parts from, its like that parts page is coming back to haunt me!

Looks like I'll just have to approach it slowly, safely and expect to make many mistakes before it all works then.

Thanks for the tips!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back