re attaching the riving knife to dewalt dw743

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
howdy all,

i just got me a dewalt 743 and its AWESOME! however its second hand and the previous owner took of all the safety stuff including the riving knife.

Just bought a new riving knife and figured i could get the bolts and whatnot it needs for attachment elsewhere. However i havent the foggiest of how to put it back on properly. If anyone owns a dewalt 743 can they take some photos of their riving knife fixing? With maybe some instructions?

cheers
Nic

Sponsored Links
Have a look here. Picture A2 seems to show the riving knife storage. Dunno if it stays there then somehow slips into position when you flip it over though (highly unlikely I'd have thought)

http://service.dewalt.co.uk/PDMSDocuments/EU/Docs//docpdf/dw743n_ty2_uk_md09.pdf

EDIT, further down there are full instructions for setting it up in table saw mode , including setting the riving knife. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Save it to your computer and print it off. Easy as it's a pdf page. ;) ;)

Have a look here. Picture A2 seems to show the riving knife storage. Dunno if it stays there then somehow slips into position when you flip it over though (highly unlikely I'd have thought)
Long time back I used to have a DW742 - almost identical model apart from switchgear. The riving knife is held in place by a Bristol key (locking handle) and one or two spacers. To go from exposed to retracted you have to undo the locking handle, pull the riving knife across so that it is eside the blade then flip it up into the blade guard and relock. It rests against something in the guard. Might not have the full details, but that's how it works, more or less - and is why some numpties take the riving knife off I suppose

Sponsored Links
riving knife removed for cleaning purposes funny enough its still off for cleaning purposes you will need it fitted on for site work but in a workshop

Sounds a bit like Our Norm off "This Old House."
Guards removed for photographic purposes.
Yeah right.
Nice for cutting straight grooves in timber though. ;) ;) ;)

thanks for the help you guys, I'll try to buy the spacers and key in screwfix or somewhere like it. Dont want to be buying it from dewalt spares; £1 for a washer!

Ill be back if need exact info on the spacers etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back