flo plast pushfit fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi has anyone on here having problems/ issues with these fittings leaking etc, have spoke to floplast and they have admitted a problem with the product. anyone else any past experiences that they can share. I have now learn't to never buy cheap c**P again! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Why dont you start the ball rolling?

Tell us what problems Floplast have admitted!

have had repeated problems with the floplast fittings when connecting onto copper pipework all on the same job. the fittings seem to be pulling off the pipe, not all the way, but enough to cause a constant drip. plastic to plastic seem fine, after the 4th leak i ran floplast to complain as i knew it wasn't down to the installation. They admitted they had had a number of complains about the fittings dislodging when fitted onto copper and were looking into it and would look favourable at resonable compensation bills for damages. just wondered if anyone else had claimed any compensation off them or are they just fobbing me off? :oops:

I dont see why they should do that based on their design.

I expect that I have used a few but generally I only use plastic for temporary installations as I far prefer soldered copper.

Can you describe EXACTLY how you fit them?

Sponsored Links
Did you fit the collet clips that came with the fittings.Unlike other plastic fittings, Floplast need these collets fitting.

yes fitted collars and used there own plastic pipe and inserts. tho they did admit that there was problems with there fittings onto older copper but no warning on there packaging. will never use them again, on the other hand hep20 is superb!

Why do people buy cheap TAT ,the market leaders in this country are HEP2O and john Guest speedfit

There are reasons as to why they are the preffered choice of plumbing professionals ,I for one always stick to these two ,yes they are little more money but at the end of the day you know you are paying for quality product

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back