floating floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house which is 11 years old and it has a floating floor i need to remove some of the chipboard floor boards can anyone tell me what is under the floating floor and what are the floorboards screwed to

Sponsored Links
some polystyrene , maybe a concrete slab or maybe block and beam???? depends on who built them. And it should not be screwed but joints on chipboard glued together. have fun :LOL:

in one part of the kitchen the floor has raised up on one of the joints about 1200mm long plus the pot floor tiles are glued to it and want to get them up because they have cracked where the floor has raised up

just wondering when i get the tiles up what is the best way of getting the floor level again

Sponsored Links
take skirting boards off and see if floor is hitting wall. only has to be hitting in one place like a corner or something to cause lifting. If it hitting any where cut it back more so it can move.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back