Floating shelving....any good ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to try some of this floating shelving but the design to me looks like it doesn't pull the shelve very tight into the wall, anyone had experience with these, any good??

Sponsored Links
View media item 21550
i put this one up.....its only a 25cm square one....so doesnt really hold much! dont think id trust it with a crystal vase or anything!.....but it looks really good!....!....

Ikea ones are ok IMO. OK for books and other light stuff.

Are you planning on sitting on it :?: :LOL:

Diane, it was a 25cm square one i was thing of putting up as wanted to put a micro hi-fi on it, only weighs 5-6 kg, is your one tight to the wall??, nice and sturdy

Sponsored Links
Diane, it was a 25cm square one i was thing of putting up as wanted to put a micro hi-fi on it, only weighs 5-6 kg, is your one tight to the wall??, nice and sturdy

yes ...mine is tight to the wall...sturdy....not really!....maybe if id had longer screws!....iv got a lamp on one...and a cd alarm player on the other....micro hi fi shd be ok!....... :D

Harry Houdini had some :idea: and old Fakirs in India too

These are Ikea shelves. Only problem is that the screws provided are nothing like long enough - just about go through the plaster! You need at least 3½" screws, done up very tight, with decent rawplugs to make sure they are properly fixed to the wall.

Sponsored Links
Back