Floodlight and cctv pole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,
I'm looking to do build a Floodlight and cctv pole at the entrance to an agricultural smallholding. I was thinking an aluminium scaffold pole concreted in the ground about a metre and 3 metres or so above ground. I would put cables through the inside of the pole and put a slot at the top end so I can cap off the end but still have the cables showing. Can anyone see a problem with my plan or have any improvements?
My father has an old scaffold pole lying around which gave me this idea but he says he needs it for amateur radio. Can anyone tell me where I can get a scaffold pole and what lengths they come in?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
As long as you need- within reason.
I have used 6m ones a lot

The length may be an issue with delivery so buying locally might be easier. I would try a local scaff supplier.
You might find that it helps to have it able to swing down for maintenance ? Stick two poles about 60mm apart in the ground that stick up 1m and have a couple of bolts running through to allow the pole to pivot down,

Hi m8,

I'd suggest you use 2 x shorter lengths attached by an external sleeve coupler. The sleeve coupler is hollow inside so the cables will pass thru.

Alloy tube isn't commonly used in scaffolds as its low weight bearing. Galv steel is what's used, but its much heavier but not too heavy in the lengthsyyou want.

Look up a local scaffold contractor and ask to buy a couple of 2m lengths of them.

Scaff

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt have thought 3m was high enough,equiptment on top could be low enough to be nudged out of use from the blind side .
I know someone who had their sheds cleared of machinery and thats what the police said had happened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back