Floor Primer (to go over glue from tile)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
As the title suggests, i'm looking for a recommendation on the right primer for my floor.
Its got a very faint hint of black glue that held (or not so well held) the tiles in place. Those 9x9's that probably contained asbestos that seem to be in everyone house.

I've read that normal adhesives/primers wont stick to it, so hence the question.
I have also seen that people are saying it could have formed part of the DPM, so do I potentially need to apply something else.

Just in case it matters or helps, the house is late 70's early 80's. The glue is only found where the tiles were, its not under the units, up to the edge or in the adjecent cupboards.
My plan is to lay WICKES Prowarm insulation board (with flexi tile adhesive) on the concrete with tile on top.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20231114_165320.jpg
    20231114_165320.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 32
  • 20231114_165407.jpg
    20231114_165407.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
There will be plastic DPM under concrete.
Wood chisel or any scraper with an edge and get glue off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back