floor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i am new here,

i have extended my kitchen, so access now is via old kitchen and also via through lounge which is open plan.
the issue is there is a drop from the lounge into the kitchen by 1 and a half inch. where the old kitchen meets the new kicthen the floor is fairly level.

i was thinking either ply the whole kitchen 12mm, go around the new kitchen units, OR run out the drop with screed.

what would be best?

i stress i am no builder, however, i will be carrying the work out by myself. As it was the builder that has put me in this mess.
thanks
jon

Sponsored Links
i have made a lil diagram on word so it'l help but not sure how you get the document on the forum?[/list]

i have decided to ply the lot, old kitchen new is 12mm ample? do i need to glue it down or will screws do the job? what space should there be between each screw?
also what size screws should i just scrwing into concrete?

in the hallway the boards seem strong with no deflections, can i tile rght on top or shalli jus ply it?

advice qould be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i have had a price to ply and tile the floor, £500 is this a decent price, size is approx 25m2

anybody?

is it best getting hard ply or shutter ply for the concrete floor? can i get away with shutter ply for the landing (floorboards)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back